It is time we do something different to celebrate TGIF. Instead of focusing on the content of what we are reading (writing reviews, finding teasers to share, etc.), I thought I would start a meme on the covers of the books we are reading. There are some really amazing covers out there, and they really are worth sharing.
The Book Bites "Funky Friday" meme works like this:
- Every Friday, have a look at the books you have read in the last week and choose the cover you loved the most. If you aren’t a big reader (some of us are freaks of nature) think about the last 5 books you read, and choose one from those).
- If you know the name of the artist (it should be listed other side of the title page and is also sometimes on the back cover), please include it, so people can look into their art.
- Think about why you liked it. Was it because you loved the artist, the concept, the model? Or maybe it was really in keeping with the spirit of the story?
- Find a picture of your favourite cover (scanned or online – if in doubt try fantasticfiction.co.uk) and share it with us. I recommend a minimum size of 200x325 so you can see the cover clearly.
- Tell us why you like it, what draws you to it, and tell us if it affected how you approached the book.
- Enjoy all the pretty covers! There are so many amazing, creative, inspiring and meaningful designs floating around the traps. Friday seems like a good time to celebrate this.
- Feel free to continue this on your own blog and share the funky Friday cover love! <3
Armageddon's Children by Terry Brooks
Illustration: Steve Stone / Design: LBBG – Peter Cotton
I love the overall design and layout, the contrasting colours and the depth of the illustration. I am fascinated by silhouettes! The only thing that detracts from the cover design is the shield in the lower third of the cover.